Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Thu June 27, 2013
Judge Orders Mental Health Evaluation Of Castro
A judge has ordered the man charged with kidnapping three women and holding them in his Cleveland home for a decade undergo a mental health evalaution, over the objection of Cuayhoga County Prosecutor Tim McGinty.
52-year-old Ariel Castro appeared in court yesterday. Judge Michael Russo says the competency exam is a formality to ensure Castro gets a fair trial.
Castro has pleaded not guilty to 329 counts of rape, kidnapping and other charges in the disappearances of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight. Attorneys for the women say the legal process is painful and they want a quick resolution.