Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Tue July 23, 2013
Judge Rules In Favor Of Same-Sex Couple
A federal judge has ruled in favor of two Ohio men who want their out-of-state marriage recognized as one of them nears death.
Federal Judge Timothy Black says ailing John Arthur's death certificate can show James Obergefell as his surviving spouse so they can be buried next to each other. Ohio doesn't recognize gay marriage. A lawsuit filed last week says the Cincinnati couple recently married on an airport tarmac in Maryland before returning to Cincinnati the same day. The suit says the pair have been in love for more than 20 years, that Arthur is likely on the verge of dying from a disease with no cure, and that "they very much want the world to officially remember and record their union as a married couple."