Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu May 9, 2013
Judge Sets Bond For Ariel Castro
Bond was set this morning at 8 million dollars for 52-year-old Ariel Castro, the Cleveland man charged with rape and kidnapping two days after three women missing for roughly a decade were found at his home.
Castro's attorney is public defender Kathleen DeMetz.
Assistant Cleveland city prosecutor Brian Murphy described the nature of the charges.
27-year-old Amanda Berry, 23-year-old Gina DeJesus and 32-year-old Michelle Knight disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004. They were found Monday after Berry escaped and called 911. Meanwhile donations are being accepted to help the women. Cleveland City Council member Matt Zone says donations may be made at any KeyBank branch or at the Cleveland Foundation.
Berry and DeJesus went home on Wednesday. Knight remains hospitalized.