Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu December 19, 2013
Juneteenth Organizer Sues Columbus
The organizer of the annual Juneteenth Festival is taking the city to federal court, claiming officials discriminated against the African-American community by stopping the festival last year after a child was shot.
The city is also accused in a lawsuit filed by Mustafaa Shabazz of denying a permit for the 2014 festival. City officials have declined comment on the suit. The Columbus Recreation and Parks department says Shabazz has not filed a permit application for the festival.