Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu December 19, 2013
Juneteenth Organizer Sues Columbus
The organizer of the annual Juneteenth Festival is taking the city to federal court, claiming officials discriminated against the African-American community by stopping the festival last year after a child was shot.
The city is also accused in a lawsuit filed by Mustafaa Shabazz of denying a permit for the 2014 festival. City officials have declined comment on the suit. The Columbus Recreation and Parks department says Shabazz has not filed a permit application for the festival.