Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue June 17, 2014
Kasich Defends Taylor In Timesheet Probe
Ohio Governor John Kasich is defending Lieutenant Governor Mary Taylor, after two of her top aides resigned because of concerns about their timesheets.
Democrats have been raising questions about the resignations of Taylor's chief of staff and an administrative assistant, and why she turned the matter over to the Inspector General.
Democrats say a probe by Inspector General Randall Meyer is not credible, because Meyer is a Kasich appointee who worked for Taylor when she was state auditor. Taylor has said she had allowed the women to work on flexible schedules, but they claimed more hours away from the office than she expected.