Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Wed March 19, 2014
Kasich Unveils Capital Budget Proposal
Ohio Governor John Kasich has unveiled a nearly $2.4 billion construction budget to fund a host of community, school, park and prison projects.
The bill directs $675 million toward primary and secondary schools and $450 million toward public colleges and universities for repairs, renovations and new buildings. Another $574 million goes for maintenance, renovation and cost-saving projects at state-owned facilities, including parks and prisons. Local road, bridge, sewer and other infrastructure projects would receive $369 million, with another $100 million going to the Clean Ohio green space preservation program. The administration estimates projects funded under the bill would create 31,000 jobs over several years.