Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- Council Opposes 26 Liquor License Renewals, Supports Same-Sex Marriage
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Madison Township Crash Claims One Life
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu August 1, 2013
Kasich Winning Gubernatorial Cash Race
Republican Ohio Governor John Kasich has 4.4 million dollars on hand in his re-election campaign.
That's more than eight times the amount of his Democratic challenger, Ed FitzGerald. Campaign finance reports show the governor raised nearly 2.6 million dollar in the first half of the year, while FitzGerald raised more than 600 thousand. Other statewide officials are fundraising for their re-election bids next year. Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted reports 1.6 million dollars on hand, while Democrat Nina Turner has nearly 129 thousand.