Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- 16 Mumps Cases Confirmed At Ohio State; Number Could Climb
Fri July 19, 2013
Kasich's State Budget Tour Stops In Batavia
Ohio Governor John Kasich says he wants to get the top state income tax bracket under 5 percent. Kasich discussed his target Thursday at the Milacron plastics plant in Batavia.
The top income tax rate before the state budget took effect was 5.9 percent. That rate will fall to 5.3 percent by 2015. The budget cuts small business taxes and all income taxes by 10 percent by 2015. Kasich says he also plans to market the state and its new tax rates to businesses and tourists.
Kasich plans stops around the state this summer to discuss the budget.