Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri April 25, 2014
Kosar Says He Was Fired Because Of Concussion-Related Symptoms
Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar says he believes he was removed by the team as a TV color commentator for preseason games because of slurred speech he attributes to concussions sustained during his playing career.
Kosar released a statement on the matter on Thursday. The team was also displeased with comments Kosar made last preseason criticizing an opposing team and some of its players. One national writer suggested afterward Kosar was intoxicated, but he later apologized. Kosar is being replaced by former Cincinnati Bengals defensive back Solomon Wilcots.