Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Wed December 25, 2013
Las Vegas Poker Player Reunited With Lost $300,000
Originally published on Wed December 25, 2013 7:04 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
And in that brings us to our last word in business on this Christmas morning. It's cold, hard cash.
That is what a passenger left behind in a Las Vegas taxicab. The driver first thought the brown bag sitting on the backseat contained chocolate. Turns out it was filled with something a lot sweeter. Six thick bundles of $100 bills, in total, 300,000 bucks. The driver handed the bag in to his office - the responsible thing to do. The office tracked down the amazingly absent-minded passenger, not surprisingly a well-known poker player. There was no immediate word on whether this unnamed high-roller gave the cabbie an extra Christmas tip or not.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm David Greene.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC) Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.