Most Active Stories
- FBI Investigating Sale Of Mayor Coleman's Former Home
- Ohio Plays Role In History Following SCOTUS Decision On Same-Sex Marriage
- Ballot Board Approves Cannabis Control Amendment For 2016 Ballot
- Supreme Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Legal In All 50 States
- Conservative Business Group Wants To Sue Over Video Slots, But Must Win Another Case First
Wed May 16, 2012
Yankee Candles' New Scents Are Made For Men
Originally published on Wed May 16, 2012 7:25 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
OK. Our last word in business might help you get a jump on Father's Day shopping - man candles.
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Guys, no more being subjected to the smell of roses or vanilla at those candle stores. Now we have Man Candles from the Yankee Candle Company.
GREENE: Fragrances include Two By Four, with the unmistakable scent of freshly planed wood and sawdust.
INSKEEP: Riding Mower gives you a whiff of freshly cut grass, and First Down has the smell of orange and leather.
GREENE: I think that would be good for the studios, Steve.
INSKEEP: Absolutely. Well, in a press release, Yankee Candle says now, every room in the house can smell good, even the basement.
GREENE: This is actually not a brand-new idea. A few years ago there was another company that rolled out a similar product. They called them Mandles.
(SOUNDBITE OF LAUGHTER)
GREENE: That's the business news here on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm David Greene.
INSKEEP: And I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.