Most Active Stories
- FBI Investigating Sale Of Mayor Coleman's Former Home
- Ohio Plays Role In History Following SCOTUS Decision On Same-Sex Marriage
- Ballot Board Approves Cannabis Control Amendment For 2016 Ballot
- Supreme Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Legal In All 50 States
- Conservative Business Group Wants To Sue Over Video Slots, But Must Win Another Case First
Fri December 23, 2011
Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart Is Easy And Fast
Originally published on Fri December 23, 2011 9:27 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And, Linda, I gather that you have a much more attractive recipe to share with us.
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Well, at least attractive because fast. It's called Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart from the "Food52 Cookbook" by Amanda Hesser and Merrill Stubbs. Here's what you need: a blender, a thin-skinned lemon, a stick of butter, four large eggs, a cup and a half of super fine sugar, and a teaspoon of vanilla.
You chunk everything up, put it in the blender, and whir it till it's pourable. Then pour it into a nine inch tart shell, purchased pie crust is fine. Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes, and voila.
MONTAGNE: That was fast. But did I hear you say a whole lemon?
WERTHEIMER: Yeah. Pit, peel, the whole thing. This is a very tart tart.
MONTAGNE: Well, thanks very much, and happy holiday baking, cooking and eating to all of you from all of us here at MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.