Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu July 18, 2013
Legionnaires' Disease Confirmed At Local Nursing Home
Franklin County health officials have confirmed a Legionnaires' Disease outbreak at a Reynoldsburg nursing home.
Two people have died and 14 others have been treated after contracting the water-borne illness at the Wesley Ridge Retirement Community. Margaret Carmany, CEO of Methodist Eldercare Services, which runs the facility, says residents are drinking bottled water and going to a hotel to shower while the facility pumps its water system full of bleach to get rid of the bacteria.
Franklin County Public Health is investigating the source of the bacteria, along with the Ohio Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control. The CDC has collected water samples for testing, and the results are expected by the end of the week.