Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Tue July 30, 2013
Legionnaires' Outbreak Claims Fifth Life
The death toll from a Legionnaires' Disease outbreak at a Reynoldsburg nursing home continues to rise.
Wesley Ridge Retirement Community officials say five people have now died out of 35 cases of the illness. Franklin County Public Health officials say the bacteria got into Wesley Ridge's water system from its air-conditioning cooling tower. The tower is closed until a long-term prevention plan is put in place. The retirement community has pumped large amounts of chlorine into its water system and superheated its water to prevent the spread of the bacteria.