Most Active Stories
- Anti-Fracking Measure Will Not Make Columbus' November Ballot
- Proposed Bill To Give Firefighters Special Cancer Prevention, Treatment
- Police Identify Two Suspects In Slaying Of Innocent Bystander
- WCBE Presents Radio Birds Live From Studio A Thurs. July 23, 2015 @ 2PM!
- Hamilton County Prosecutor Probing UC Campus Shooting
Wed December 14, 2011
Listeners Pick Their Favorite Albums Of 2011
Originally published on Thu October 23, 2014 4:13 pm
This summer, when All Songs Considered asked listeners to vote for their favorite albums of the year so far, there were a handful of shoo-ins. Instantly beloved releases by Bon Iver, Adele, Fleet Foxes, The Decemberists and others all made a predictably strong showing.
Six months later, many of those albums have held their ground — but our poll of listeners' 100 favorite records from all of 2011 still had its surprises. The Black Keys swooped into the No. 6 slot with El Camino, an album just a few days older than the poll itself. Ceremonials, the follow-up to Florence + The Machine's sleeper hit Lungs, followed close behind. And it wasn't just the dark horses that stunned us — two of our personal favorites, the strong spring releases from Wye Oak and The Antlers, each dropped a dozen spots.
This week's episode includes songs from the Top 25 listener picks. Once you've listened to the show, head to the All Songs blog for the full list of your 100 favorite albums of 2011.