Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Thu December 19, 2013
Local Deerkeeper Reaches Deal With State
A Mount Vernon woman who has been fighting for months to keep some injured deer in her enclosed back yard says she has reached an agreement with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
The department wanted to euthanize the animals, citing a state law preventing people from keeping deer as pets. Carol Deyo talks about the agreement with Ohio Public Radio's Jo Ingles.
Deyo, a former veterinary technician, says she was nursing the deer back to health.