Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu December 19, 2013
Local Deerkeeper Reaches Deal With State
A Mount Vernon woman who has been fighting for months to keep some injured deer in her enclosed back yard says she has reached an agreement with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
The department wanted to euthanize the animals, citing a state law preventing people from keeping deer as pets. Carol Deyo talks about the agreement with Ohio Public Radio's Jo Ingles.
Deyo, a former veterinary technician, says she was nursing the deer back to health.