Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Thu December 19, 2013
Local Deerkeeper Reaches Deal With State
A Mount Vernon woman who has been fighting for months to keep some injured deer in her enclosed back yard says she has reached an agreement with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
The department wanted to euthanize the animals, citing a state law preventing people from keeping deer as pets. Carol Deyo talks about the agreement with Ohio Public Radio's Jo Ingles.
Deyo, a former veterinary technician, says she was nursing the deer back to health.