Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri July 5, 2013
Lottery Reports Record Profits
The Ohio Lottery says public schools in the state will get 803 million dollars from a record-high 2.8 billion in lottery sales during the 2013 fiscal year.
Schools will get 32 million dollars more than last fiscal year. The record lottery profit comes amid increased competition with casinos and Internet cafes. Lottery officials say revenue was boosted by video slot machines at two racinos in Columbus and North Randall. Five more are scheduled to open by the end of 2014. Meanwhile, more renovations are in the works at the ThistleDown Racino in North Randall. Casino officials will spend one-million-dollars to update the racing floor with new video monitors, add more lighting and renovate a restaurant. The improvements are expected to be completed before the Ohio Derby on July 27th.