Most Active Stories
- Divers Pull Body Of One Of Two Drowning Victims From Olentangy
- Police Identify Two Suspects In Slaying Of Innocent Bystander
- More Ohio Children In Poverty Than During Great Recession
- Athens County Woman Again Applies For Same-Sex Divorce
- Pennsylvania Firm Getting Ohio Tax Dollars To Replace Buckeye Lake Dam
Thanksgiving 2013 Programming Special
Wed November 27, 2013
Making A Joyful Noise, A WCBE Radio Special
Grammy-winning singer and Canton, Ohio native Macy Gray performed as featured vocalist, fronting the David Murray Infinity Quartet's 2013 "Be My Monster Love" International Tour, which stopped at Columbus' Shadowbox Live on August 28th, 2013 for 2 shows.
Murray has worked with many artists and groups for over several decades, including Max Roach, Jerry Garcia, Julius Hemphill, Oliver Lake, Urban Bush Women Dance Company, Randy Weston, Ishmael Reed, and Kip Hanrahan, plus many more. He is a prolific recording artist with a long discography.
Gray has recorded at least 10 albums since the mid-90s, and has acted in featured films, such as Training Day with Denzel Washington, Domino, and Lackawana Blues. Others include Spiderman and Shadowboxer with Helen Mirren. The Infinity Quartet consists of Murray on tenor sax, pianist Thornton Hudson Jr., bassist Jaribu Shahid, and drummer Nasheet Waits.
Making A Joyful Noise, hosted by Wayne Self, airs Thanksgiving Day from 1pm-2pm on central Ohio's NPR station, 90.5 FM & HD in Columbus, 106.3 FM in Newark.
Exclusive Labor Day Special