Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri May 16, 2014
Man Indicted In Hospital Break Room Shooting
A Montgomery County grand jury has indicted the man charged with a Veterans Affairs hospital shooting that wounded one person.
Today's indictment charges 59-year-old Neil Moore with an assault and a weapons offense. His arraignment scheduled for Tuesday in federal court in Dayton. Defense attorneys say they'll request a mental competency evaluation to determine whether Moore is capable of understanding the charges and assisting in his defense. Authorities say Moore pointed a gun at people in a break room at the VA hospital May 5 and an employee, Paul Burnside, was shot in the ankle in a struggle. Prosecutors say Moore believed some of his former colleagues were having inappropriate relationships with members of his family.