Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu July 26, 2012
Man makes 911 threats regarding Colorado shootings
Clark County Sheriff's deputies say a man has been arrested for making threats on a 911 call related to the recent Colorado theater shootings. The unnamed 37-year-old man allegedly called 911 dispatchers early Wednesday and said "someone will die today." Deputies say he made statements about the shootings that left 12 people dead, including he sympathized with the shooter and the shooter was making a political statement. The man told deputies he'd been drinking when he made the call. He's getting a mental health evaluation and faces several misdemeanor charges. Meanwhile Funeral services will be held Saturday for 27-year-old Matthew McQuinn of Springfield, who covered the bodies of his girlfriend and her older brother when the shots rang out at the theater in Aurora Colorado. The woman was wounded in the leg. Her brother was not hurt.