Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue March 11, 2014
Man Pleads Not Guilty In Kidnapping And Slaying
The Cambridge man accused of raping and killing a pizza delivery driver in late December has pleaded not guilty.
A judge continued the 1 million dollar bond Bond for 32-year-old Adam Burris. He faces several charges in the death of 26-year-old Kayla Thompson. Defense attorneys requested the judge order a psychiatric evaluation before setting a trial date. The judge also ordered attorneys for both sides not to comment. Prosecutors say Thompson did not return from a delivery to Burris' home. When he was arrested, Burris led authorities to Thompson's body near a boat ramp at Dillon State Park in Muskingum County.