Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
Fri February 1, 2013
Market Cleanup Begins
Cleveland city officials say it could take weeks to clean the interior of the 100-year-old West Side Market following a fire earlier this week.
The city gave outside produce vendors permission to open today. But many say they are not opening today as a show of solidarity with their indoor counterparts who,for now, are out of business. City Hall spokesperson Maureen Harper says the indoor vendors are back today to begin cleaning up.
Harper says the market's interior remains closed until further notice. Indoor vendors Ann Madansky and Rick Calabrese say they will lose money during what was expected to be a busy Superbowl weekend.
Fire officials say an electrical problem is suspected of causing the fire that damaged two indoor stalls, and caused soot damage to the walls and ceiling.