Most Active Stories
- State To Replace PARCC Tests With Those Of Research Institute
- Conservative Group Warns Of Wasteful Spending In State Budget
- Columbus Girl Confronts Anti-Gay Street Preacher
- State, Local Officials Working To Protect Public Safety During Red White And Boom
- Pfeiffer Says Redflex Contracts Reached, Amended Legally Under Municipal Codes
Saturday Documentary Special
Tue February 5, 2013
Maya Angelou's Black History Month Special
Join us this Saturday, February 9th, at 3pm for this hour-long Black History Month radio program. This special features milestone conversations with Maya Angelou and lauded African Americans who tell the stories of a culture through the entertainment industry, award-winning music, opportunities for philanthropy and the pursuit of peace. Join a Grammy, Emmy, Academy Award, Golden Globe and Nobel Prize winning group of voices with the poetic, historical commentary of Maya Angelou. Guests include:
- Oprah Winfrey, Television Personality, Philanthropist, Emmy Winner, Television Network Owner, speaks on ownership; the importance of her latest role in the film, The Butler; and the changing climate of the entertainment industry.
- Kofi Annan, Secretary General of the United Nations 1997- 2006, Nobel Peace Prize Winner 2001, speaks about the need for continued talks on peace, as well as his memoir, Interventions A Life in War and Peace.
- Jennifer Hudson, Oscar and Golden Globe winner, recalls her rise from an urban neighborhood to providing help for that community and others, and using the voice she found and developed to take her around the world.
- Regina Taylor, Golden Globe-winning actress and playwright, talks about how generations are bridged from the writer's pen and the ability to display social issues as well as the depth of family on the stage and screen.
- Alicia Keys, multiple Grammy Award winner and philanthropist, talks about the changing roles of the entertainer as entertaining and using the empowerment of voice or other talents with action in the local and international community.