Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu July 25, 2013
Meyer Comments On Buckeye Legal Troubles
Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer says he will make a decision about running back Carlos Hyde once he evaluates the facts surrounding the case.
Hyde was suspended indefinitely after he was named a person of interest in the alleged assault of a woman at a downtown Columbus bar. Eight of the 11 questions Meyer was asked at Big Ten Media Day Wednesday involved player discipline.
Questions involved Aaron Hernandez, Meyer's star tight end at Florida, who has been charged with murdering a man in Massachusetts and is under investigation for an earlier double homicide in Boston. Reporters also asked Meyer about his Florida program's arrest record -- 31 player arrests from 2005 to 2010 -- and his recent problems at Ohio State, where Hyde and two other players and a recruit were arrested in separate incidents.
Defensive back Christian Bryant and quarterback Braxton Miller says the suspension of Hyde and the problems with the other players are not a distraction.