Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Fri August 31, 2012
Miami University Dean Says He Was Forced Out
The Dean of Miami University's business school says he retired under pressure from the school's president over a consulting contract with a university donor later convicted of defrauding investors.
Roger Jenkins retired Wednesday after the school said he failed to disclose the tenure or amount of his 2005 contract with the Minneapolis businessman convicted in 2009. Jenkins says he thought his 2005 disclosure was enough, and university officials knew of the contract. Miami President David Hodge says Jenkins did not make required disclosures in later years and was given options including retirement. Jenkins says he didn't know about the fraud and agreed to return 1.25 million dollars in consulting fees he received from the businessman.