Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu August 23, 2012
Montgomery County Board of Elections officials temporarily reinstated
Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted is temporarily lifting his suspension of two Democratic county election officials who voted to extend early voting hours in the general election beyond the uniform, statewide hours the
The state's elections chief says he's reinstating the pair while awaiting a hearing officer's report about whether they should be removed from the Montgomery County Board of Elections. Husted says the
reinstatements are needed for the Dayton-area board to continue its work and meet upcoming statutory deadlines. Thomas Ritchie Sr. and Dennis Lieberman had been suspended since Friday. The situation is among several flare-ups over when Ohioans can cast early ballots in person in the presidential battleground state. The issue has essentially broken down along political party lines.