Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri September 27, 2013
More Details On Potential Conflicts-Of-Interest At JobsOhio
The Ohio Ethics Commission has warned six of nine directors of JobsOhio's board their business interests raise potential conflicts of interest.
They include board chair James Boland, along with three employees. The warnings follow a routine review of their confidential financial disclosure filings. A JobsOhio spokesperson says the board has not played a role in any dealings the flagged companies may have had with the state. Commission director Paul Nick says the findings do not imply wrongdoing. But Critics say they raise more questions about JobsOhio and its board, which helps set Republican Governor John Kasich's economic agenda.