Most Active Stories
- FBI Investigating Sale Of Mayor Coleman's Former Home
- Ohio Plays Role In History Following SCOTUS Decision On Same-Sex Marriage
- Ballot Board Approves Cannabis Control Amendment For 2016 Ballot
- Possible Anti-Monopoly Ballot Issue Could Trump Pot Vote
- Locals Working To Preserve Original Port Columbus Terminal
Thu February 13, 2014
More Ohio Homes Entered Foreclosure Process In January
Banks repossessed 4 percent fewer U.S. homes in January as compared with December.
Daren Blomquist of the foreclosure listing firm RealtyTrac says banks repossessed more than 30 thousand U.S. homes last month.
But Blomquist says Ohio is one of a dozen states where sharp increases are reported in the number of homes entering the foreclosure process.
Blomqust says nearly 58 hundred foreclosure-related documents were filed in Ohio last month, up 23 percent from December. He says Ohio and the other states will see an increase in home repossessions later this year.