Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu February 13, 2014
More Ohio Homes Entered Foreclosure Process In January
Banks repossessed 4 percent fewer U.S. homes in January as compared with December.
Daren Blomquist of the foreclosure listing firm RealtyTrac says banks repossessed more than 30 thousand U.S. homes last month.
But Blomquist says Ohio is one of a dozen states where sharp increases are reported in the number of homes entering the foreclosure process.
Blomqust says nearly 58 hundred foreclosure-related documents were filed in Ohio last month, up 23 percent from December. He says Ohio and the other states will see an increase in home repossessions later this year.