Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu February 13, 2014
More Ohioans Sign Up For Health Insurance
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services says more than 60 thousand Ohioans have picked health insurance plans in the first four months of the new online marketplaces created by the federal health care law.
Eighty-three percent of those who signed up from October through January are getting financial help to pay their monthly premiums. Fifty-eight percent of Ohioans who registered are ages 45 to 64, 20 percent are ages 18 to 34. Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius says the numbers reflect a national trend.
Nearly 160 thousand Ohioans were found eligible to enroll. The White House wants to get 7 million Americans signed up by the end of March.