Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri February 24, 2012
Nada Surf On World Cafe
On Nada Surf's new album, The Stars Are Indifferent to Astronomy, the long-running band alternates between infectious optimism and sweet sadness. In spite of countless label changes, the group has remained remarkably consistent in its 20 years together: Blending good-natured affirmations with catchy pop-rock hooks, Nada Surf sounds like a bunch of fresh-faced kids, albeit unusually wise ones.
After "Popular" made the group famous in 1996, Nada Surf spent a good chunk of its career recovering from "one-hit wonder" status. But with the release of Let Go in 2002, the band began a string of widely beloved, relentlessly upbeat records, and The Stars Are Indifferent to Astronomy continues in that endearing spirit. Here, Nada Surf plays a bunch of its terrific new songs in a studio session on World Cafe.