Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri May 9, 2014
National Food Drive Happening Saturday
The nation's largest single-day food drive takes place on Saturday.
U.S. Postal Service letter carriers in central Ohio and around the country will collect will collect non-perishable food items as part of the 22nd annual effort called "Stamp Out Hunger." DeLane Adams with the National Association of Letter Carriers says people who want to participate should leave a bag containing items like Peanut butter, canned tuna, pasta, cereal, canned soup and vegetables in or near their mailbox.
Ohio is ranked 11th in the nation for food insecurity, with an estimated 17 percent of residents struggling to meet basic needs.