Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Tue June 25, 2013
New Developments In Steubenville Rape Case
Supporters of a Kentucky man who exposed the Steubenville rape case want federal prosecutors not to not file charges against him.
Petitions with more than 200-thousand signatures were delivered yesterday to the U.S. Attorney's office in Columbus. Deric Lostutter is a member of the hacker group Anonymous who posted videos, messages and pictures online, helping convict two Steubenville High School football players of raping a teenage girl at a party last August. Meanwhile women's tennis star Serena Williams has issued a new apology for what she calls "insensitive and misinformed comments" she made about the victim in the case. Williams last night released another statement on her website apologizing to the millions of sexual assault victims in America whose pain she says could have been compounded by the remarks. In a Rolling Stone story posted online last week, Williams said the 16-year-old girl quote "shouldn't have put herself in that position" end quote. The next day, Williams apologized in a statement and contacted the family.