Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Wed August 29, 2012
New mobile lab for computer crimes
Ohio authorities say a new lab on wheels will help catch traders in child pornography and other online predators.
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Bill Mason introduced the mobile forensics lab on Wednesday. Mason is chair of Ohio's Internet Crimes Against Children task force. The mobile lab is the first of its kind in the state. It will save time by eliminating the need for agencies to transport computers, hard drives and other storage devices to a permanent location for analysis. With the mobile lab on scene, investigators will be able to determine within minutes of executing search warrants whether a suspect had downloaded or traded child pornography on their computer or other electronic devices. The state's Internet task force includes 318 law