Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- Why California Farmers Are Conflicted About Using Less Water
Thu August 14, 2014
New State Report Cards Make West High School Students Eligible For Vouchers
The Ohio Department of Education says a recent recalculation of some school ratings changes the eligibility list for a program providing vouchers for private schools to students at consistently underperforming public schools.
The state revised some district and school ratings after an investigation into attendance data scrubbing in Columbus and other districts. Eligibility for the EdChoice Scholarship program is extended until September 5th to students at three more schools for 2014-2015, including West High School in Columbus and Rimer Community Learning Center in Akron.