Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Mon October 15, 2012
The vintage sounds of Allah-Las combine the harmonies and hooks of the British Invasion with the atmosphere of a West Coast psychedelic band. Three of the group's four members met while working at the legendary record store Amoeba, where they discovered a mutual love for '60s rock and the beach.
Allah-Las' new, self-titled album captures the carefree, breezy sounds of California — which makes sense, given that the entire band is made up of surfers. The album's dreamy romanticism feels rooted in nostalgia, which contributes to a vibe that can feel both joyous and melancholy. In this episode of World Cafe: Next, hear tracks from Allah-Las' new record.