Most Active Stories
- State To Replace PARCC Tests With Those Of Research Institute
- Conservative Group Warns Of Wasteful Spending In State Budget
- Columbus Girl Confronts Anti-Gay Street Preacher
- Ohio Lawmakers Send Anti-Monopoly Measure To Fall Ballot
- Pfeiffer Says Redflex Contracts Reached, Amended Legally Under Municipal Codes
Mon July 29, 2013
World Cafe Next: Coke Weed
Originally published on Fri October 3, 2014 3:06 pm
Alt-psychedelic quintet Coke Weed is from picturesque Bar Harbor, well up the Maine coast. The band just released its third album, Back To Soft, which took nine months to make and is — despite the title — its heaviest release so far.
Lead by songwriter Milan McAlevey, the band has immersed itself in '60s psych-rock, pledging allegiance to the likes of Jefferson Airplane. So that makes singer Nina Donghia the group's Signe Toly Anderson.
On this installment of World Cafe: Next, hear two songs from Back To Soft.