Most Active Stories
- Anti-Fracking Measure Will Not Make Columbus' November Ballot
- Proposed Bill To Give Firefighters Special Cancer Prevention, Treatment
- Divers Pull Body Of One Of Two Drowning Victims From Olentangy
- Police Identify Two Suspects In Slaying Of Innocent Bystander
- WCBE Presents Radio Birds Live From Studio A Thurs. July 23, 2015 @ 2PM!
Mon July 9, 2012
Next: Family Band
Guitarist Jonny Ollsin (formerly of S.T.R.E.E.T.S.) and singer Kim Krans met in the Catskill Mountains in New York, where they continue to write and record in a hand-built log cabin. Together, they lead the Brooklyn ambient rock group Family Band, which sounds like anything but mountain music.
Together with multi-instrumentalist Scott Hirsch, Ollsin and Krans focused their energies on a sound they call "heavy mellow," characterized by a moody, gentle darkness and somber lilt. Family Band's new album, Grace and Lies, comes out July 24, and in this session the group plays a few songs for World Cafe's David Dye. Hear a song with contributions on guitar from Grizzly Bear's Daniel Rossen — and get a free download of "Night Song" from the new record.