Most Active Stories
- Divers Pull Body Of One Of Two Drowning Victims From Olentangy
- Police Identify Two Suspects In Slaying Of Innocent Bystander
- More Ohio Children In Poverty Than During Great Recession
- Athens County Woman Again Applies For Same-Sex Divorce
- Pennsylvania Firm Getting Ohio Tax Dollars To Replace Buckeye Lake Dam
Tue October 29, 2013
No Charges In Alleged Athens County Sexual Assault
Athens County Prosecutor Keller Blackburn says a grand jury has decided not to file charges in an alleged sexual assault earlier this month on a downtown Athens street that was photographed and posted on line.
Blackburn says one male and one female were photographed in a sex act early October 12th.
Blackburn says investigators determined the couple, both 20-year-old Ohio University students, consumed alcohol at an Athens bar before the sex act. He says the man asked the woman whether to stop the act when a crowd formed, and she said no.
Blackburn has not released the names of the man and woman involved.