Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
Thu June 6, 2013
No Extra Foodbank Money In Senate Budget Bill
Foodbanks might lose the money Ohio House lawmakers put in their version of the state budget bill.
The Senate version does not include a House provision to add 2 million dollars in foodbank funding. Lisa Hamler Fugitt of the Ohio Association of Foodbanks says she's disappointed that more funding was left out of the Senate version , while changes to the state's exotic animals law stayed in.
Hamler Fugitt says she's hopeful that some money might be restored when the two budget bills go to a conference committee. Governor John Kasich signed an executive order last month providing one and a half million dollars for foodbanks - the fifth such order the Republican governor has signed.