Most Active Stories
- FBI Investigating Sale Of Mayor Coleman's Former Home
- Ohio Plays Role In History Following SCOTUS Decision On Same-Sex Marriage
- Ballot Board Approves Cannabis Control Amendment For 2016 Ballot
- Supreme Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Legal In All 50 States
- Conservative Business Group Wants To Sue Over Video Slots, But Must Win Another Case First
Tue May 29, 2012
No Way She'll Run For Senate In 2016, Michelle Obama Says
The New York Times' Frank Bruni floated the idea, saying he'd heard "a vague murmuring" about Michelle Obama running for the Senate from Illinois in 2016.
Of course, another Democratic first lady — Hillary Rodham Clinton — once said to Larry King that "when we got toward the end of the White House years, and people started asking me to run for the Senate — and very knowledgeable, politically sophisticated people — I said 'no, that's absurd, that's ridiculous, I'm not going to do that.' "
Clinton was elected to the Senate from New York State in 2000.
Michelle Obama is making the rounds of media outlets to talk about her latest project, a book called American Grown. As Morning Edition reported, it's a diary of that garden through the seasons and a portrait of gardening in America, past and present.
On that topic, our friends at The Salt wonder "How Do Your Dinnertime Rules Compare To The Obamas'?"
For much more on the world of politics, check It's All Politics.