Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Mon November 11, 2013
Numbers Of International Students In Ohio Increasing
More international students are going to college in Ohio.
A new report finds that international students studying at Ohio colleges increased 7.5 percent - to more than 28,000 - for the 2012-13 school year. The report by the Institute of International Education puts Ohio at Number 8 nationally. In 2001, there were an estimated 583-thousand international students in the United States. But today's Open Doors Report puts that number at 819,644. Most of the students are from China according to the study. Ohio State University ranks 15th nationally for attracting international students with more than six thousand. The school also ranks 25th in the number of students studying abroad. The most common destinations for OSU students are the United Kingdom, Australia, Italy, China and Brazil.