Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Mon September 17, 2012
Obese inmate wants execution delayed
A condemned Ohio inmate who weighs at least 480 pounds wants his upcoming execution delayed, saying he's too heavy for the state's lethal injection process.
Ronald Post shot and killed a hotel clerk in northern Ohio almost 30 years ago. He says his weight, vein access, scar tissue and other medical problems raise the likelihood of severe problems with an execution. Lawyers for the 53-year old Post also said in their federal court filing Friday that the inmate is so big the execution gurney might not hold him. Post is scheduled to die January 16th for the 1983 shooting death of Helen Vantz in Elyria. The prisons department was not aware of the filing and could not immediately comment.