Most Active Stories
- Legislators Question Who Is Paying For Pro-Charter School Statehouse Rally
- Galloway Teen Wearing Gang Mask Shot Breaking Into Home
- Canceled - Endangered Missing Adult Alert Statewide 9/16/2014: Henry Leftridge (Columbus, OH)
- First Listen: Leonard Cohen, 'Popular Problems'
- The Campaigns For Ohio Secretary Of State
Fri August 29, 2014
O'Connor Proposes Pay Raises For Judges
Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice Maureen O'Connor is promoting annual cost-of-living increases for judges as a way of keeping them on the bench and making the profession attractive to new candidates.
O'Connor says choosing a career in public service shouldn't mean being saddled with a stagnant salary, with judges now going without a raise since 2008. She says modest, annual cost-of-living increases that keep pace with inflation will help keep sitting judges from moving to private practice and encourage potential judges to consider the job. Ohio lawmakers must approve any increase.