Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Wed November 14, 2012
ODE Study Going Statewide
The Ohio Department of Education plans to spread a new study
to school districts, administrators and teachers' unions statewide. It showcases the success of nine high-poverty schools in mostly urban areas. Acting State Schools Superintendent Michael Sawyers says the report provides insights on how struggling districts achieve high academic performance. The Ohio Business Roundtable co-sponsored the review to show high-performing schools, such as Steubenville's Wells Academy, exist throughout Ohio. The academy was the siteof Republican Gov. John Kasich's State of the State speech this year. Strong leadership, savvy use of student data, and a no-excuses attitude were approaches all successful schools employed. Schools in the study were public and charter, unionized and non-unionized.