Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu July 31, 2014
ODH Chief Revokes Toledo Abortion Clinic License
The interim director of the Ohio Department of Health has signed an order to revoke the license of Toledo's last abortion clinic, effective August 12th.
The Capital Care Network clinic has 15 days to file an appeal and request a court to stay the order from Lance Himes, pending an appeal. A state hearing officer recommended closing the facility because it lacks a valid emergency-care agreement with a "local" hospital,as required by law. Clinic officials say an agreement with a hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan, puts it in compliance with the law.