Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Mon November 11, 2013
Ohio Attorney General Warns Of Scams Targeting Vets
Mike DeWine says Ohioans should beware of veterans' charity scams and those who make false promises about helping veterans.
DeWine says his office has handled six cases this year involving veterans-related charities. They include an agreement with two individuals to stop illegal solicitations on behalf of a legitimate charity. Signs of potential scams include charities with names similar to nationally recognized ones and high-pressure tactics for immediate donations. Ohioans should be wary of callers who are hesitant or unable to answer questions about the charity and those offering to pick up donations immediately instead of waiting to receive them by mail. Donors are encouraged to research charities. They can call DeWine's office to get information about a charity or to file a complaint about a questionable one.