Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri August 29, 2014
Ohio Auditor Seeks Ethics Probe Of Franklin County Auditor
The State Auditor's office is asking the Ohio Ethics Commission to investigate Franklin County Auditor Clarence Mingo.
The office is raising questions about a contract between Mingo and his former chief of staff, Jerzell Pierre-Louis. The six-figure consulting contract was signed after Mingo fired her for what he says was improper behavior. Pierre-Louis says she was unfairly dismissed because she questioned Mingo about rumors that he had an inappropriate relationship with a subordinate. Mingo denies that allegation.