Most Active Stories
- Legislators Question Who Is Paying For Pro-Charter School Statehouse Rally
- Galloway Teen Wearing Gang Mask Shot Breaking Into Home
- Canceled - Endangered Missing Adult Alert Statewide 9/16/2014: Henry Leftridge (Columbus, OH)
- First Listen: Leonard Cohen, 'Popular Problems'
- The Campaigns For Ohio Secretary Of State
Tue May 20, 2014
Ohio Business Executive Pleads Guilty To Making Illegal Campaign Contributions
The chief financial officer of a North Canton-based telemarketing firm has agreed to cooperate with federal prosecutors in a case involving allegations the company funneled illegal campaign contributions to two candidates.
Michael Giorgio of Suarez Corporation has pleaded guilty to seven counts involving contributions made in the name of employees prosecutors say Giorgio and company owner Ben Suarez actually made. The two are accused of funneling 100 thousand dollars each to the 2012 campaigns of Republican Congressman James Renacci and the unsuccessful U.S. Senate bid of Republican State Treasurer Josh Mandel. Both campaigns returned the contributions. Giorgio and Suarez had been scheduled for trial June 2.