Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Mon March 10, 2014
Ohio Casino Revenues Rise Slightly In February
Ohio's four casinos saw gains in revenue last month after the facilities reported lackluster figures in January and December.
The Ohio Casino Control Commission reports that total revenue for the facilities in Cleveland, Toledo, Columbus and Cincinnati approached $66.8 million in February. That's up from roughly $59.7 million in January. Revenue from the voter-approved casinos has fallen far short of campaign promises that said they could be as high as $1.9 billion annually. Instead, the casinos are on track for a level closer to $900 million.