Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu August 8, 2013
Ohio Could See Record Number Of Concealed Carry Permits Issued In 2013
Ohio could see a record-breaking number of new licenses for carrying a concealed weapon this year.
The state's attorney general says county sheriffs issued more than 63,000 new licenses in the first half of the year. With the exception of last year, that six-month figure tops the yearly total of new licenses issued since they were first given out in 2004. Attorney General Mike DeWine described the increase as "phenomenal," but said he could only speculate on the reasons. He noted that more people are becoming familiar with the law. New data released Thursday shows more than 48,000 new and renewed permits were issued from April through June. The 76,000 total licenses issued throughout 2012 marked the highest number reported in Ohio. More than 64,600 of those were new licenses.